NAC Architecture is more than just a group of architects, planners, interior designers, engineers and professional staff. We are thought leaders, trail blazers and experience experts. We are currently seeking a Job Captain to join our talented and collaborative team in the Los Angeles office. NAC is a national firm with over 240 smart and creative people working in Los Angeles, Seattle, Columbus, Ohio and Spokane, WA. We are expanding the staff in our Chinatown office; it’s an exciting time and we’d like you to be a part of it!
In response to Covid-19 state and local ordinances, NAC employees are currently working remotely. In the future, NAC will be implementing a hybrid work policy when state and local ordinances lift restrictions and NAC determines that it is safe to return to the office.
A Job Captain at NAC is responsible for running projects; coordinating consultants, managing set production, facilitating communication. He or she will be involved in all phases of the project delivery and will coordinate with the Project Manager and Project Architect to ensure the project is on schedule and meeting the set standards. Candidates must possess strong analytical, oral, and written communications skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants, and vendors. Candidates must also have a proven ability in problem identification and problem solving. The successful candidate will have worked with DSA and other approval agencies with a demonstrated ability to successfully deliver completed projects.
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Responsible for project execution, coordinating consultants, managing set production and initiating and facilitating all communication
- Interface with client, contractor, review agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- Participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation
- May participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
- A minimum of five years of experience in an Architecture firm, working with educational projects preferred.
- Computer savvy with skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project), and Revit, AutoCAD, RhinoRhino and Photoshop
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes including accessibility and DSA
- Effective verbal communication and presentation techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture required
- Masters Degree preferred
- LEED accreditation is a plus
NAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. www.nacarchitecture.com
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and work sample to our career page at: NAC Inc – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
or visit our career page at www.nacarchitecture.com