Michael Maltzan Architecture, Inc is an architectural firm in Silverlake, Los Angeles. We are looking for an energetic, proactive, professional individual to join our team as a job captain. This ideal candidate will be passionate about design and eager to play a central role in the development and coordination of our projects, moving from early concept design through construction. Our work process includes significant physical modelmaking, so the candidate should bring skills in fabrication and modelmaking. This role involves close collaboration with design and project management leadership at the firm and the candidate will participate in the design process in a consequential way.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years minimum professional experience. Having several summer internships during school is a plus, but do not count towards the minimum of 3 years continuous professional experience.
- Being licensed or in the process of being licensed is a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong experience in documentation and drawing set development, including past experience in both Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to work and communicate within a larger team environment. Excellent team player. Experience with consultant coordination and client communication a plus.
- Modelmaking experience at a range of scales and model types.
- Good attention to detail, highly organized, and able to develop and implement systems to ensure work quality.
- High level of proficiency with common design software such as AutoCAD, REVIT, Rhino and representation tools including Enscape and Adobe Suite. Working knowledge of communication and collaboration software such as Bluebeam.
- Serve as day-to-day coordinator on projects, working closely with project management and design leadership, to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain drawing standards for each project, working closely with project architect and senior technical architect to deliver drawing sets.
- Produce drawings and visual collateral, including models, for design meetings and client meetings.
MMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.
Please submit the following to MMA:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and sample of work
- (3) references from similar experiences
All materials should be sent to email@example.com