Are you looking for a fast-paced, dedicated, and professional team to work with on complex architecture projects in the aviation field? Rivers & Christian is a boutique architecture firm specializing in aviation projects, and we are looking for enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
At R&C, we’re experts in providing architectural services to the aviation industry – we have over forty years of experience and presence in every major airport in California, and the extensive portfolio of commercial project clients to back up our reputation. Our projects are fast-paced, challenging, and highly rewarding. Some of our current projects include long-range terminal master planning, major terminal renovation and expansion, as well as ground-up general aviation facilities projects.
Responsibilities & Description:
- Reports to Project Manager. May act as Project Manager for smaller projects, in which case reports directly to Principal. Provides guidance to less experienced team members. Creates, communicates, and enforces staffing plan for projects.
- Produce and coordinate BIM model and working drawings with internal and external teams.
- Lead all phases of design and construction. Coordinate with Project Manager to directly supervise the teams’ design and technical delivery. May include special expertise roles.
- Pre-Design – Responsible for all technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best addresses the challenge and/or meets the client’s needs.
- Contract Documents – Prepare and manage team to produce CD set. Have a strong handle on advanced technical solutions/detailing and provide guidance to team.
- Specifications – Understanding of specification divisions. Understanding of parts of specification. Identify and evaluate products for project. Collect and organize cut sheets. Responsible for writing specifications. Assist Project Manager in preparation of Division 1. Aware of contents of Division 0.
- Construction Administration – Attend meetings with contractor, participate in site observations, and prepare field reports. Review submittals and respond to RFIs (more complex items). Prepare and issue bulletins and closeout documentation. Understand issues brought up by contractor and client, develop options, and make recommendations for solutions. Advise Project Manager on complex issues. Manage production of closeout documents and record drawings.
- Understand and incorporate ADA requirements, restroom requirements, and egress requirements into drawings. Understand how to size a building by construction type. Well-versed in all aspects of code analysis and requirements. Review drawings to ensure code requirements are addressed. Provide code interpretation and guidance to less experienced team members. Lead review and approval process with building department or other authorities having jurisdiction.
- Possess high-level problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for project decisions.
- Lead project meetings. Present, prepare and/or review meeting notes prepared by others, and take action on next steps.
- Lead and manage consultant coordination efforts and team interface with consultants. Able to evaluate building systems for appropriateness for situation and integration with architecture.
- Interface and present directly to the client. Responsible for fulfilling requirements of contracts/task order, and track scope and scope changes.
- Perform QA/QC for all work produced by team.
- Set-up and enforce Document Control Structure, monitor to ensure data and files are organized for record retention.
- Degree in Architecture, bachelor’s degree or higher (required)
- 8+ years of post-graduate project experience (required)
- Revit, with a minimum of 5 years Revit project experience (required)
- Proficiency in architectural detailing (required)
- Possess high-level problem-solving skills and demonstrates ability to analyze data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for project decisions.
- Strong communication skills (graphic, written, verbal)
- Organized and self-motivated, with attention to detail and schedule
- Previous experience in schematic design through construction documents on commercial projects
- Previous experience with consultant coordination, technical and specification research
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Proficiency in 3D modeling (Rhino, Sketchup) and rendering (Vray, 3dsMax) as well as Adobe Creative Suite for design
- Proficiency in Bluebeam
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary. ($90,000 – $115,000)
- Employer-paid PPO medical insurance
- Employer-paid Life insurance
- Optional participation in vision, dental, FSA, Aflac and 401(k) plans
- Paid vacation time, sick time, and holidays
- Opportunities for profit-sharing and bonuses
- We offer a paid monthly parking permit for our office building
- We provide comprehensive professional development opportunities for skill advancement and ARE preparation. Reimbursement for ARE/CSE test registration and CA Architect license fees.
- You will be working in a creative studio environment, in which your and other employee contributions are highly valued, and collaboration is encouraged.
Rivers & Christian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rivers & Christian participates in E-verify.
Surfaces are sanitized regularly. Hybrid in-person / remote schedule is available.
To apply, please email your resume and work samples in a PDF document with Subjectline Job Captain to
Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
No phone calls. No recruiters.