Who we are:
We are a 20-person architectural design firm with a pet-friendly, hip workshop vibe producing a wide range of project types for private, commercial and institutional clients.
What we need:
Enthusiastic recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. No previous experience is required. This long term position will provide training and exposure to a full range of architectural practice from surveying existing buildings, drafting existing conditions and assisting with proposals, designs and construction documents for projects of varying scales as well as submittals to New York City, Dept. of Buildings and basics of building zoning codes. We’re looking for a long term internship commitment, which can lead to opportunities for growth within the company. This will be a paid position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Survey existing and as-built conditions on sites located throughout the NYC area
- Draft existing site conditions in AutoCAD
- Draft and develop design proposals
- Prepare packages for Department of Buildings and Landmark’s Preservation Commission
- Collaborate with project teams
- Assist with various in-office tasks
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) preferred
- Basic Knowledge of building materials, components, and systems
- Punctuality and good communication skills
- Developing problem-solving and creative abilities
- Demonstrate thoroughness in completing tasks and meeting deadlines
While performing the job duties, the Intern is regularly required to speak clearly and hear conversations. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; visit construction sites. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours will be 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, including one hour lunch break.
Benefit package will be discussed at the interview.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S is required.