At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
- Draft fee proposals, project memos, correspondence, contracts and schedules for professional services.
- Generate project accounting and labor reports.
- Prepare marketing related efforts.
- Schedule client meetings and record meeting minutes for review by Project Manager.
- Prepare appropriate billings to ensure payment compliance, set up projects in accounting systems and maintain work plans in Vision for review with Project Manager and Project Accountant.
- Maintain records of certificates of insurance, internally and externally.
- Begin to facilitate progress action items during CD, tender and CA phases.
- Maintain, review, update and archive project data (in various mediums including but not limited to hard copy project files, network drives, Google project drives, Salesforce, OpenAsset and etc.)
- Identify, organize and implement administrative projects independently in accordance with deadlines.
- Maintain multiple schedules, both individual and project specific and perform various support duties, including completion of expense reports, time cards and team travel arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional work experience in an office environment working with and as part of a team. Prior experience in architecture, engineering or construction is highly desirable.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate needs, service clients, initiate decisions and coordinate the activities of others.
- Prior financial, accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Strong command of Google Workspace, Microsoft programs, especially Word and Excel and Salesforce.
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $70,000 – $80,000.
Our creative, interdisciplinary teams work like small, dynamic studios, with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. Here, you’ll collaborate with industry experts on some of the most exciting and transformative architecture, engineering, and planning projects in the world.
We believe an inclusive environment improves our teams, our firm, and our communities and are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our DEI Action Plan was created to bring meaningful change to our profession, starting with our own culture and practices.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. [Visit this page] to learn more about SOM’s employment policy as well as additional information such as a privacy notice for California residents and how to apply offline.
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.