We are looking for an Intermediate Interior Designer or Interior Architect to join our internal design team. This position will help develop projects driven from immersive theatrical productions to restaurants to custom furniture and scenic elements. The ideal candidate will be ready to collaborate from concept through execution to maintain a comprehensive patron experience centered on a theatrical narrative.
- Participate in collaborative team environment across multiple projects in multiple cities
- Assist and support Design Directors and internal creative team in all phases of design through documentation and construction.
- Translates highly conceptual narratives and briefs into buildable projects in response to unique user, programmatic, theatrical, or operational contexts.
- Defines and develops functional and spatial requirements of new spaces or adaptations, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Creation and Contribution of conceptual diagrams, renderings, sketches, and presentation decks for internal and external review and use.
- Plans layout of project and integrates architectural elements into unified design.
- Prepares and reviews design documents, construction documents, shop drawings, and materials for compliance with design intent and program requirements
- Develop overall design and finish palette and material specifications through all phases of design
- Research and develop custom furniture, lighting, props, and decor
- Develops design drawings, such as plans, sections, elevations, and models using hand drawings as well as advanced CAD and 3D software
- Other duties as assigned by your manager
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in design and project management. Experience in live entertainment and restaurant design is highly favorable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design or equivalent experience may be accepted.
- Strong proficiency and experience using Autocad, Rhino, and Adobe CS are mandatory. Revit, 3ds Max, and VRay or Blender are a plus
- Strong written, verbal, graphic, and communication skills
- Proven experience with projects from concept through construction documentation
- Experience with materiality, FF&E, and specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of design, detailing, materials, ADA requirements, construction techniques, and costs.
- Practical knowledge of general architectural practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Experience with live productions, theatrical or other performance based projects and consultants is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage shifting priorities to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Self-starter who excels in a highly collaborative, creative, and ever-changing organization.
- Travel will be required. There will be ongoing activity in Las Vegas and New York.
- Must have valid work authorization for the US.
From free benefits to competitive pay, Spiegelworld is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our eligible part-time and full-time employees. Benefits include 100% employer paid health coverage for employees, access to a network of support for our employees’ health & well-being, and vacation time & paid time off including holiday pay opportunities. What’s more, Spiegelworld offers employee discounts on goods and services that will help our employees live a better and healthier life.
Please apply online HERE.
Any questions, reach out to email@example.com