Fogarty Finger is an award-winning, interdisciplinary design studio dedicated to placemaking within the urban built environment. The firm is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Atlanta and Boston. The firm’s team of over 120 architects and designers delivers complete architecture and interior design packages for residential and commercial projects of every type and size.
Our New York office is seeking a Intermediate Interior Designer with significant design skills, with a focus on FF&E. We are looking for a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-spirited, and well-rounded designer. The position entails project management in all project phases from concept through installation, including vendor communication and procurement.
Working with the project team, the right candidate should possess good spatial sense, an eye for detail and a strong ability to communicate graphically. Knowledge of the interior design FF&E selection and specification process as well as the more technical side of design (construction documents, details, plans, elevations, etc.) is required. Candidate must possess a strong ability to switch gears between scales and phases of projects with enthusiasm and work on multiple projects at once. Interest and experience in hospitality and corporate interiors including public amenity spaces is preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with 3D models in Sketch-up + rendering via Enscape
- Collaborate and work well with others in a “studio” environment; sharing ideas + creating a strategy to communicate a successful story
- Lead with sourcing furniture, fabric, art and interior finishes
- Lead with designing custom furniture for specific projects
- Lead with designing and preparing client presentations using Adobe InDesign
- Generate furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD and render in Photoshop
- Research and maintain relationships with furniture, fabric and vendor/craftsperson sources
PROCUREMENT & INSTALLATION
- Request price quotes
- Create detailed RFP Documents (Microsoft Excel) for bidding out to furniture dealers
- Request samples and CFAs
- Confirm with vendors order is correct and expected delivery date
- Compile specification books for purchasing agents
- Participate in onsite installation
- Continued communication with furniture dealer + manufacturers to ensure 100% project completion and client satisfaction
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in the USA
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Google Sketch-Up, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Escape
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Interior Design or Architecture degree required
Salary Range for this position: $60,000 – $90,000
For more information about the firm visit www.fogartyfinger.com.
- 1 PDF w/ cover letter, resume (with references), and samples of work (both academic and professional). The file must be saved as: “yourname_ffa_intermediate_interior_ffe”
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Intermediate_Interior Designer FF&E”.
- File size must not exceed 5MB.
- Please no phone calls or walk-ins.