Dattner Architects is an award winning, mid-sized architecture firm based in New York City. We have a passion for the city, and for designing socially impactful spaces. We maintain a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
We are seeking a talented intermediate-level Interior Architect to join our growing interiors group. The selected candidate will work as a key part of the interiors team, working directly with Studio and Project leadership. They will be a strong designer and communicator, they will be able to generate design ideas, and they will have the technical ability carry those concepts through to the development of contract documents in Revit. Working closely with project design teams on all phases of project development (from planning and concept through design, FF+E selection, and construction documents), the candidate will have opportunities to work on a range of project typologies such as multi-family residential, commercial, education, and healthcare.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture or Interior Architecture.
- 5-10 years’ relevant professional experience designing interior architecture projects.
- Ability to generate, explore, and develop design concepts in response to specific programmatic and site requirements
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated experience working on all phases of a project: from concept through construction documentation.
- Experience with materials selection, specification, and detailing. Experience with furniture specification and working with furniture dealers. Contract furniture experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with architectural and interior details, finish materials, and furnishings.
- Capable of working well independently, as well as within larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-starter who is focused, articulate, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
- Outstanding graphic, 3D presentation, production, and technical skills.
- Proficiency with Revit; familiarity with other 3D software and Adobe Design Suite.
- Familiarity with NYC Building code as applied to interior architecture.
- NYS Architectural Registration or NCIDQ preferred.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner