Fogarty Finger, an award-winning architecture firm seeks an Intermediate Interior Architect or Interior Designer to support the hospitality + corporate office interiors team. We are looking for a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-spirited, and well-rounded designer to join our team. The position entails assisting in all project phases from concept through installation, including vendor communication and procurement. The candidate should possess good spatial sense, an eye for detail and a strong ability to communicate graphically. Knowledge of the interior design and specification process as well as the more technical side of design (construction documents, details, plans, elevations, etc) is required. Candidate must possess a strong ability to switch gears between scales and phases of projects with enthusiasm and work on multiple projects at once. Interest and experience in hospitality and corporate interiors including public amenity spaces is preferred.
- 4 to 7 years relevant post-graduate US experience, Experience with corporate and commercial NYC projects would be a plus.
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in wide range of projects including high end commercial, amenity and corporate interiors
- Strong Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite and 3D and rendering programs; Sketchup and Enscape preferred
- Experience and comfort level in taking a leadership role on projects from initial concept through construction administration
- Experience and ability to coordinate and produce well-coordinated construction documents
- Strong knowledge of architectural design details and custom construction elements.
- Good Knowledge of applicable state and local building codes including IBC, NYC, Landmarks and ADA codes
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with consultants, clients, and contractors especially including construction administration experience and the ability to coordinate with all trades and consultants in field
- Ability to translate concepts into functional architectural / construction designs
- Good Knowledge of MEP and lighting system basics
- Talented in preparation of presentation material and sourcing of finishes and specifications
- Monitor and direct the junior staff to delegate project duties and ensure feasibility of produced designs
- Strong design, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to travel within NYC metro area for regular site visits, surveys and meeting
For more information…. Please visit www.fogartyfinger.com
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Chris Fogarty and Robert Finger founded the firm in 2003 and it has rapidly become a major New York City design practice. We have considerable experience delivering complete architecture and interior design packages for residential and commercial projects of every type and size. Our design studio is both nimble and creative, providing fresh and elegant solutions to the most complex projects. The firm’s thorough and professional approach results in positive and lasting relationships with our clients.
- 1 PDF w/ cover letter, resume (with references) and samples of relevant work (both academic and professional). The file must be saved as: yourname_ffa_intermediate_interior
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Submit application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Intermediate Interior Architect”. File size must not exceed 5MB
- Please no phone calls and walk-ins