S9 Architecture is seeking an Intermediate Interior Architect/ Designer to support the Studio’s interior design projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with Design Principals, designing exceptional interior spaces and experiences. As a member of the design team, you will collaborate and contribute to the design work of multiple design teams and interact with the Client and technical consultants. You will have exceptional design skills and be highly capable of communicating design narratives. This position is very collaborative and requires that you work with the Client, project managers, architects, and others.
The ideal candidate must meet the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 6+ years of post-grad, professional experience in a Design or Architecture office
- Have relevant design experience in large scale multi-family residential and commercial development projects.
- Significant experience selecting, specifying, and procuring materials, fixtures, and equipment,
- 5+ years’ experience with FFE process, including selection, sourcing, documentation and overseeing the installation.
- Has the ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback, and observations with a positive attitude.
- Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to produce strong conceptual design narratives.
- Ability to adapt to new and complex situations.
- Experience defining, developing, and delivering creative concepts according to creative brief requirements and the client’s objectives.
- Lead design from Concept through the Design Development phase and present to large Client groups.
- Design curious – must be passionate, observant, and self-motivated.
- Experience managing the interiors sample library.
- Proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe CS, (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Revit and Enscape is required.
- New York experience a plus.
A strong portfolio of work demonstrating and documenting independent work is required. Please attach a portfolio if you wish to be considered.
Salary range: $80,000.00-$110,000.00+
The range above is a good faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. We are however often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the actual salary may vary from the estimates provided above.
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 60 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic, and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is centered in the New York City area, but we have multiple large projects across North America in places such as Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Kansas City and Toronto. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including health benefits through United Healthcare, company matched 401(k), reimbursement and mentoring for AREs, yearly performance reviews, and social activities throughout the year.
Click HEREto apply.