OpenScope Studio is a small firm (15 people) operating throughout California. Much of our current work is housing at a variety of scales, and this includes a number of different typologies (multifamily ADUs, co-living, multi-family, and single family). We also work on office interiors, retail stores, and the occasional pavilion in the forest.
It is expected that all candidates will have a professional workspace at home as we are currently working remote and need to be on frequent video calls.
We are seeking an intermediate designer or architect with strong graphic and problem solving skills for an immediate opening. We are looking to find a long-term contributor to our team who can appreciate the potential for career growth at a growing firm. This is a position where you will be required to effectively multitask on a daily basis and we expect all staff to take on project management responsibilities.
- Assist with the preparation of program and schematic proposals, project layouts and design options in 2D and 3D using Revit.
- Participate in day to day project management using spreadsheets, Asana and other digital tools.
- Prepare construction drawings for contractors, permit agencies, etc. using Revit.
- Assist with construction administration.
- Make site visits to document existing conditions and communicate them to other staff
- Currently physically located in Los Angeles or nearby.
- 3-5 years experience in a U.S. architecture office (post-graduation)
- You must have experience with preparing construction documents for Type V and/or Type III buildings and be able to show samples of this work.
- Experience with multifamily housing is preferred.
- An architectural degree from an accredited school
- Advanced proficiency with Revit in a professional office environment working on all phases of design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Professional level of diligence, and evidence that you understand the value of double-checking, proofreading, asking questions, and otherwise paying attention to the job at hand.
- Licensure is not required but demonstrated progress towards fulfilling these requirements is a plus.
- Must be familiar with renovating existing wood frame buildings, and documenting existing conditions
- Must be familiar with the building codes related to multi-family buildings
- Experience with permitting projects in Los Angeles and other jurisdictions in the region is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with long term remote work using the Google Suite, Autodesk BIM360 and other online collaboration tools.
- 100% Employer-paid health insurance with dental option
- Employer-matched retirement plan with immediate eligibility
- 10 days PTO + sick leave and paid holidays
- Employer-paid life insurance
- The employer will provide a laptop and software needed to perform the work, unless the employees prefers to use their own equipment.
- Salary range of $70,000-$78,000/year based on experience
How to Apply
Please email a digital portfolio, resume and cover letter as follows:
Subject Line: Designer Position
Please send us ONE .pdf file with a resume and portfolio sample of your best work. The file should be less than 8MB. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work here. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Do not send a link to ISSUU or another online portfolio site in lieu of a PDF.