Founded in 2015, Alex Pettas Architecture (APA) is an architecture and interiors studio based in west Los Angeles. We are dedicated to creating work that is both modern and timeless. Our projects focus on residential, multi-family, restaurant and workplace design. Current projects include residences in Malibu, Pacific Palisades and Laurel Canyon, as well as a multifamily development in Nashville.
We have an immediate need for an Intermediate Designer who shares our design vision. We value innovative design thinking and productivity in executing the studio’s projects. Candidates should embrace challenges and be resourceful.
- 4-6 years professional work experience in all project phases.
- Degree in architecture. Master’s degree is desirable.
- Exceptional design skills that support the aesthetic of the office.
- Advanced visual and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Strong Revit and Adobe skills. Proficiency in Bluebeam and Lumion is desirable.
- Authorized to work permanently in the U.S. and current Los Angeles area resident.
- Support the studio in designing, producing and coordinating projects.
- Manage production of client presentations.
- Coordinate between project team, consultants, contractors and agency officials.
- Produce construction documents and architectural details.
- Prepare permit sets and manage the agency approval process.
- Assist in construction administration by responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals and resolving questions in the field.
- Research and apply residential, commercial, ADA and FHA codes.
- Take thorough meeting notes, keep meticulous records and retain information.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We provide competitive compensation, a health care plan that is paid by the company, a 401k plan with profit sharing, generous office holidays, paid time off, sick time and support with ARE exams.
Please email your resume and portfolio in PDF format (15MB max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intermediate Designer”. Include availability to start and desired salary range. No phone calls please. APA is an equal opportunity employer.