S9 Architecture is seeking a highly skilled Intermediate Design Architect with strong design skills and a passion for technical execution. This position offers the opportunity to work as a lead design architect for iconic projects across North America.
- Assist and collaborate with the project team in producing presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants.
- Collaborate with Design Principals to generate design ideas and compelling narratives for design.
- Collaborate with the in-house project team and others to develop the design and maintain design integrity during SD, DD, and CD phases.
- Develop design with the understanding, time constraints, and budgetary requirements, and good understanding of the ADA.
- Ability to work independently and in teams towards a common goal.
- Ability to work on more than one project, occasionally assisting on projects for a short time period to assist.
- Interest and ability to research materials and products.
- Improve and maintain the level of design quality for the firm.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant post-graduate U.S. experience in interior design office or architecture office
- Strong design capabilities
- Significant experience with Rhino, V-ray and Enscape required, and preferably, AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bluebeam and 3D Max as well. InDesign is key for Interiors.
- Self-motivated, energetic and organized with excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills. Experienced presentation skills.
- Enjoys working independently but comfortable asking questions of senior staff
- Sketching + perspective drawing a plus.
To Apply: Please visit www.s9architecture.com and apply through our careers page. A strong portfolio of work demonstrating and documenting independent work is required. Please attach a portfolio if you wish to be considered.
Salary range: $80,000-$110,000+
The range above is a good-faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. We are however often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the actual salary may vary from the estimates provided above.
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 60 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic, and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is centered in the New York City area, but we have multiple large projects across North America in places such as Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Kansas City and Toronto. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including health benefits through United Healthcare, company matched 401(k), reimbursement and mentoring for AREs, yearly performance reviews, and social activities throughout the year.
Click here to apply.