Intermediate Design Architect
Hill West Architects, New York City Metropolitan Area (On-Site)
Hill West Architects is seeking a talented Intermediate Architect with exceptional design skills and at least 3 years of professional experience in the design of multi-family residential, commercial and mixed-use buildings. The ideal candidate will have the ability to generate design concepts with the guidance of the Director of Design and the Managing Partners. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Rhino, Vray, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite combined with excellent verbal and graphic presentation skills and the ability to work independently. Candidates should have experience working in a collaborative studio environment and demonstrate a highly creative process and critical thinking skills through their design portfolio.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant architectural experience on residential multi-family and/or high-rise projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively on an interdisciplinary project team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professionalism in dealing with clients, consultants and vendors.
- Experience in the preparation of drawings and renderings for design presentations and document sets in the Concept, Schematic, and Design Development phases.
- Advanced digital modelling and rendering skills are required. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of Rhino, Vray, AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Hill West is an industry leading architecture firm, renowned for creating inspirational buildings that grace the New York City skyline. Our team of over 100 talented professionals specializes in the design of high-rise residential and hospitality buildings, retail and commercial office projects and mixed-use developments. We draw design inspiration from the history and culture of each site and the modern forces shaping the urban environment. Our team strives to create environmentally responsive buildings that are efficient and beautiful, contextual yet fresh and timeless yet reflective of the present moment. We approach each project with a fresh canvas and an open mind to create something beautiful.
As an interdisciplinary design practice, we collaborate with our affiliated interior design firm, Whitehall Interiors, to design buildings that are thoughtfully crafted from the inside out. From the innovative urban design strategies that shape our largest developments to the intricate details that distinguish our custom interior furnishings, Hill West projects are designed to inspire.