Job Description: HATCH is seeking a highly talented and motivated Intermediate Architectural Designer with experience working in a reputable architecture firm to join our expanding company.
This is not a normal role, its a leadership position. The key individual selected must be excited about the opportunity to help build the foundation for this rapidly growing company and ultimately create a key position for themselves in which they will be given the rare ability to shape a path around their personal strengths in a short period of time.
Experience working on residential and commercial projects through all phases of project delivery is preferred (institutional experience is a bonus). The ideal candidate will have an inclination to learn, produce deliverables with strong graphic abilities, excellent organizational and personal time management skills.
HATCH Brief: HATCH Architecture is a 5-year-old, Los Angeles based, multidisciplinary architectural design firm. HATCH is unique in that it is boundless and decommodified of aesthetic; rather than providing clients with a signature style, HATCH is focused towards doing work that is tailored specifically to each individual design challenge and client. This philosophy is carried into the kinds of projects we take on being that we relish in accepting new types of work. HATCH is currently working on a wide range of project types around the world in residential, commercial, hospitality, art, product design, masterplans, branding, retail, landscape/site, commercial and institutional sectors. Our designs focus on explorations in sustainability through a variety of means, with examples ranging from net zero design, to innovative remodels, wellness resorts, local production and ecological landscape design. We strive to create highly impactful work through all phases of our process with the vision of developing the company into a world renowned design firm.
Our Team: Our team is made up of a group of hard working, insightful, poised and creative professionals. They are responsible for driving the overall delivery and management of projects of significant variety and sizes.
- Developing full drawing sets, computer models and construction details under the supervision of a Principal Architect
- Engagement with clients, consultants and vendors in a highly professional manner
- Producing design studies and computer renderings through all phases of project delivery
- Products and specifications research
- Navigating permitting and codes
- Construction site visits for design and construction reviews
- Desire to grow into a project management position and drive to help grow the company
- Professional Degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Excellent graphic and communication skills, well-spoken, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients
- High Level of Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite programs. As well as Revit complementary rendering software skills (3DS Max, Lumion, Twinmotion is a plus)
- Have experience in SD, DD, and CD drawings and processes, particularly on working details and coordination of complex projects
- Ongoing desire to learn the process of permitting and code analysis
- Is authorized to work in the USA
- CV and portfolio
- Limit total size of attachments to 15mb, or provide link to a download, shared folder or website.