AB Architekten is a design-focused, full-service architecture firm located in Lower Manhattan. Our work includes multi-family housing, private residences, interior design, and gut renovations. We are seeking a smart, energetic, and highly motivated Intermediate Architectural Designer to join our studio to work on a variety of new/ground-up and adaptive reuse construction projects in New York City and Hudson Valley, New York.
This position is suited to those who are interested in: working independently on multiple projects as well as collaboratively within a fast-paced and creative team environment; playing a meaningful role in all phases of projects; working directly with clients, contractors, and consultants.
Candidate should possess the following:
- 5-year Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher
- Between 3 and 7 years of architectural office experience, NYC experience a plus
- Experience with production of construction drawings
- Knowledge of construction detailing and materials
- Experience with Construction Administration
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and consultants
- Strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCad, and 3-D (Rhino/V-Ray/SketchUp), Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, filing process, and zoning regulations is a plus
Please provide expected starting salary range. Potential exists for rapid advancement.
Applicants should be able to start within 2 weeks of offer acceptance and must be authorized to work in the US without need for employee sponsorship.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume and portfolio in a single PDF file (max 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and write “Intermediate Architectural Designer Position” in the email subject line. Portfolio should include examples of professional work and indicate your role and responsibilities on each project. Applications not in this format will not be considered. Please no drop-off submissions or phone calls.