City Design Studio is an architecture, urban design and planning firm with a focus on the revitalization of existing communities and the creation of unique, vibrant and extraordinary places. Based in Downtown Los Angeles, our work spans the continental United States, South and Central Asia and ranges in scale from sensitive architecture to the urban design and planning of small Cities. Our practice is actively engaged in Design Research in collaboration with institutions worldwide.
We are currently working on a prominent and complex civic / commercial project associated with a net-zero sports arena in the greater Los Angeles area. In addition, we are also involved with proposed development of several transit-oriented community mixed-use projects between Los Angeles and Orange County that will transform disadvantaged communities.
We are seeking a highly motivated architect / urban designer who is passionate about making great places and communities. The ideal candidate will have a background in architecture and/or urban design. They must have strong construction document and project management skills and can work collaboratively with multiple consultant teams in a fast-paced environment. They must have experience with complex projects at multiple scales as well as a high level of proficiency for project delivery.
The candidate must have the ability to assist in programming client needs, managing budgets and project schedules. The position offers ample growth opportunity for an organized candidate who is able to manage diverse tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture and preferably a post professional degree in Urban Design or Planning or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience with architecture and urban design projects
- Proficiency in the preparation of construction documents.
- Familiarity in working with transit related projects, challenged neighborhoods and urban environments
- Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills with the ability to graphically communicate design concepts.
- Experience with preparing presentations for, and participation in public and community events and with institutional clients and communities.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in 3D building massing and conceptualization
- Proficiency in Rhino, Grasshopper, VRay, Revit, 3DS-Max, Auto-CAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Office
Commensurate with Experience
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to: Jobs@CityDesign-Studio.com Indicate position in Subject Line of e-mail: “ARCHITECTURAL / URBAN DESIGNER “