Intermediate Architectural Designer
Andrew Franz Architect, PLLC is a small, award-winning New York City based architecture and design firm with projects ranging from private houses and apartments to a variety of commercial and cultural facilities.
The studio is currently seeking a full time Architectural Designer with 5-8 years of professional experience to work on high-end residential design projects in NYC and surrounding states in a casual but focused work environment. This is currently a hybrid work position.
The Intermediate Architectural Designer will have great design talent and be capable of executing both modern and contextually-appropriate designs. Candidates should have a great understanding of the construction process, and possess excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience with single-family residential projects.
The Intermediate Architectural Designer will work on projects from inception to completion and must be self-driven, motivated, and able to work with confidence through every stage of project.
- BArch or MArch degree.
- 5-8 years of professional experience.
- Strong design skills and a technical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational and client relationship skills.
- CD development experience and thorough knowledge of assembling CD, DOB and LPC sets.
- Proficiency in NYC Department of Buildings coordination, zoning and code familiarity.
- Excellent drafting skills and fluent in 3D rendering; Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS, SketchUp, 3DMax or Rhino.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation commensurate with a candidate’s experience and qualifications. AFA offers a wide range of employee benefits including health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid vacation and personal days.
Applicants must reside in the New York City area. Applicants must be US residents or already possess valid working visa for 2 years, minimum.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and a digital portfolio to email@example.com. Please put ‘Intermediate Architectural Designer’ as the subject.