Building Studio Architects is seeking a motivated, self-directed, proactive architect or architectural draftsperson. Our ideal candidate is organized, technically proficient in CAD drafting, has a strong design sensibility, is knowledgeable about construction codes and standards, and is an excellent communicator. You will participate in all phases of projects from schematic design, through construction documents and construction administration for both new construction, and renovations in the residential, commercial, and institutional sectors. You should be able to work both independently and in a small team, and you should be eager to learn, try new things, and engage productively and proactively with clients, consultants and co-workers.
The job will involve:
· Code research and compliance documentation, focused on NYC
· Schematic design through project completion including client communications
· All drafting and detailing for projects of various sizes primarily in NYC
· Performing quality control reviews and working with staff on output quality
· Coordinating engineering and other consultants
Software skills required:
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
· at least 4-9 years experience in a comparable position, ideally in the NY Metro area
· NY State licensed or in process
Please apply directly through this site or email all documents listed below in pdf format to email@example.com. No phone calls.
· Cover Letter
· Examples of work / Design portfolio / construction documents if you have them
To ensure a safe environment for all employees, we are requiring proof of vaccination against Covid-19 to physically enter our office.
Building Studio Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Despite being a small office, we have a diverse staff. We are committed to maintaining diversity of all kinds. BIPOC, LGBTQ, disabled, and any other qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to respond. Building Studio Architects ensures a work environment free from harassment and complies with all anti-discrimination policies as set forth by our local, state, and federal governments.
· Benefits package includes health, dental and vision, in addition to a supplemental wellness insurance program
· Simple IRA with matching available after one year with the company
· Paid time off and all major US holidays