Medium-sized architecture firm is seeking a practiced Intermediate Architect with excellent design skills, 4-7 years professional experience, and demonstrated experience in single-family residential projects. The position will require a strong working knowledge of Revit and ideally the candidate would have managed at least one project using the program. The best candidate will demonstrate interest in working in a collaborative studio environment, have strong convictions about environmental sustainability, and will be passionate about social equity and inclusion.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
– 4-7 years professional experience
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
– Strong design skills, excellent communications skills, and critical thinking abilities.
– Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
– Experience in all phases of design, including construction document and construction administration
– Comfort in a leadership role; experience in working with diverse clients, consultants and vendors
– Supervisory and management skills required as well as the ability to guide and mentor architectural staff
– Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic skills
– Computer skills must include Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and preferably 3D modeling software (SketchUp, Rhino or 3D Max)
– Demonstrated proficiency in PC inclusive of communication tools for in office and remote work
– Ability to visit job sites as needed
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or national origin.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect – Single Family” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. No phone calls, please.