O’Neil Langan Architects is looking for an intermediate-level architectural designer to work with us on exciting new retail projects. OLA is home to a talented, close-knit team that’s passionate about producing excellent retail design, and we’re seeking motivated designers who are excited to grow in this fast-paced field.
As an intermediate designer, you will be deeply involved in project development from schematic design to construction, with significant opportunity for team leadership experience. Working closely with senior staff and principals on each new project, you will receive valuable mentorship from veteran architects as you perfect your craft.
OLA works with high-end retail brands in the United States and internationally, and we aim to be the best at what we do. Take a look at our website to see the type of work we offer our clients. If you have a drive to be a part of our vision and the skill set to bring it to life, we want to hear from you!
Due to circumstances related to Covid-19, this position is currently a remote work role and will require workers to meet project output standards from home using a combination of personal and remote PC hardware. Our ideal candidates will be located in New York City or the immediate region, and will be able to transition to an office-based work environment at our Manhattan headquarters once it becomes possible.
OLA’s benefits package includes health (including annual HRA account), 401(k) and transit, as well as voluntary dental, vision, and more.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BArch, MArch or equivalent Interior Design degree
- 2-6 years of experience working in an architecture or design firm required. This is not an entry-level position.
- MUST have strong drafting experience in both Revit and Autocad. Revit experience is a major asset for us and we are seeking candidates who have a strong background in Revit construction documents.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- 3D Studio Max & Vray, or Rhino & Vray proficiency a plus (we like to keep rendering projects on these platforms)
- Alternative 3D application experience, please explain in your cover letter
- Must have strong, clear communication and presentation rendering skills.
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
Please reply with the following:
- Attached resume as well as portfolio in PDF format, maximum 10mb file size
- Salary requirements – negotiable based on level of experience
- Resumes submitted without salary requirements, portfolios, or that don’t meet the candidate requirements above will not be reviewed.
Send all application submissions to: email@example.com
If contacted for an interview, please be prepared to show working drawing sets you’ve put together in addition to your portfolio.
Thank you for your interest in OLA!