Tom Wiscombe Architecture (TWA) is an internationally recognized architecture practice known for its powerful massing, alluring graphic qualities, and tectonic inventiveness. We specialize in civic, entertainment, cultural, and residential design, and we are known for our radical integration of ecological thinking and technology in our work.
TWA is currently working on a number of exciting projects ranging from iconic, high-end residences in the LA area to international projects that are redefining sustainable habitation and urban ways of life on the planet. Located in the American Cement Building at the edge of downtown Los Angeles, our small office is a unique indoor-outdoor workplace with an engaging creative and intellectual environment.
We are seeking an Intermediate Designer with 1-3 years office experience who is motivated, thoughtful, and passionate about architecture, and interested in contributing to the work of TWA. You would work directly with the Principal and an energetic design team on some of the world’s most audacious and intriguing projects. We highly value creativity, a commitment to professional growth, and the ability to work well with others. In addition to competitive salary, we offer health, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, and paid sick leave.
- Interest in contributing to the specific work and mission of this office
- Ability to execute Rhino-based design work on both small and large projects — expert Rhino skills are required
- Excellent eye for composition and strong graphic skills in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Desire to take on responsibility and lead others
- Office experience – both on competitions and technical execution work; previous experience in a design- and innovation-driven firm is highly desirable
- REVIT experience a plus
- Rendering skills a plus
Please send your CV, project portfolio (15MB max .pdf file), and a cover letter (indicating availability) to email@example.com.
In order to be considered for the position you must live locally or have plans to relocate, and you must be authorized to work in the USA. We do not work remotely. No phone calls please; email only.