Andrea Steele Architecture (ASA) is an award-winning New York City based architecture and design studio, whose work ranges from civic, cultural and institutional projects to single and multi-family residences, as well as small and large-scale urban interventions.
ASA has recently completed an innovation hub for NASA in Cleveland, Ohio and a luxury residential tower in Hallandale, Florida. Our current projects include a new office building and site plan for the Taxi Limousine Commission in Queens, a cultural heart for downtown Brooklyn comprised of new cinemas and film archive for the Brooklyn Academy of Music; a production studio for the Brooklyn Public Library; galleries for the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts; and performance venues for 651 Arts in Brooklyn.
The studio, previously TEN Arquitectos’ New York office, was established in 2003 and has produced more than 40 built works throughout the United States. ASA is guided by the belief that architecture is the physical expression of our shared experience and is a key catalyst for cultural and social advancement. With each project, from private residences to civic complexes and large-scale master plans, the firm’s design approach is rooted in the idea of building a global community.
We are seeking a talented Intermediate architect/designer to join our studio. The candidate will work directly with senior staff to support the design and planning process for multiple building types and the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the project manager and technical leadership.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 5 years of proven professional experience in an architectural or design office.
- Strong Conceptual, Graphic and Design skills including fluency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhino, V-Ray illustrated in a comprehensive portfolio.
- Design ability that is critically thoughtful, conceptually based and process-oriented.
- Technical intelligence with regard to building systems. Experience in drawing plans, technical documentation, producing renders, creating presentations and building physical models.
- Strong proficiency with BIM/Revit in professional setting. Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino, 3D Max, Enscape and V-Ray.
- Knowledge of NYC Building Codes and approvals process
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative yet self-directed, proactive and positive attitude
- Self-Motivated and energetic
- Ability to visit job sites as needed
- Interest in participating in and gaining experience in construction administration
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and project examples demonstrative of the above qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.