FXCollaborative is an established architectural, interior design, planning, and urban design firm based in Brooklyn, NY. Noted for its commitment to sustainable design, the firm has been recognized through local, national, and international design excellence awards and feature articles in the most prestigious design publications. The practice encompasses corporate, civic, cultural, educational, transportation, residential, hospitality, office, retail, and mixed-use projects on a variety of scales.
We are currently seeking a talented Intermediate Architect with a strong background in BIM Management and Design Technology with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience. The Intermediate Architect/ BIM Manager will be responsible for managing the overall BIM & Design Technology efforts for a large-scale transit-oriented project, coordinating with several project BIM leads, as well as researching and developing new workflows across a range of design technologies. The role will interface closely with the Digital Practice Group to champion adoption and education of technologies across the firm.
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects.
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions under guidance from senior architects.
- Must have ability to assist with all phases of a project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Assemble construction drawing sets in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Attend team meetings as necessary to coordinate drawings and provide information as required.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keeps current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants.
- Ensure outputs meet the required quality expectations and agreed upon deadlines.
- Develop & communicate BIM standards & BIM strategies to project team.
- Develop and support workflows in a range of design technologies including visualization/ VR, computation and analysis, and data integration.
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience.
- Strong technical skills including expertise with REVIT, Rhino, and other related design software.
- Expertise in other design technologies such as visualization, computation, analysis, and data management a plus.
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task. Team player, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- LEED accredited preferred.
- A graduate of an accredited Masters or Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design degree program or related combination.
If interested in the Intermediate Architect/ BIM Manager position, please apply online here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, transgender, gender identity or expression, observance of the Sabbath, political activities, caregiver status, unemployment status, use of a service dog, criminal/arrest record, credit history, lawful use of any product or lawful recreational activities when not at work, traits historically associated with race, religious attire or facial hair, reproductive health decisions, citizenship or immigration status. FXCollaborative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.