WAKE design development seeks a motivated and talented Junior or Intermediate Architect with a minimum of 2-years of full-time experience. Must be familiar with REVIT, the NYC DOB, and have direct experience with Clients.
About WAKE: Looking to gain valuable experience working on a highly diverse mix of commercial and residential projects supported by a mentorship-based culture? WAKE is a values-based firm that strongly believes in integrity, transparency, sustainability, building science, and standardizing processes to ensure everyone is treated fairly and can work efficiently to achieve a healthy work/life balance. We budget for employees to devote 5-8% of their paid work time to pro-bono and creative projects. Our founder and adjunct professor, Nathan Minett, is an award-winning young architect who runs the firm with a professor mindset and a focus on continuous learning and innovation.
The role: We are a small firm rapidly taking on work, so experience on both the design & technical side of projects is necessary. The primary role of the selected candidate will vary in scale and scope but will mainly consist of assisting the principal and project managers of the company in multiple design tasks, including but not limited to:
- REVIT-based drafting
- Permit Filing and DOB responses.
- 3D modeling; Rhino & others
- Graphic design
- Renderings & visualization
The ideal candidate will have a degree/background in architecture, interior design, and/or drafting, with 2-3+ years of professional experience.
Top candidates should possess the following skills:
- Ability to work under the direction of the principal or project manager with little supervision.
- Ability to produce technical sets with experience permitting and responses to local building authorities.
- Ability to take creative direction and effectively apply feedback.
- Comfortable with working independently in a growing office.
- Comfortable contributing to our growing office culture.
- Strong drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering skills to support the team in deliverables and packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Highly Proficient in Rhino, and REVIT is a must.
Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, rendering software, and Adobe Creative Suite.
To apply, the candidate must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and position applying for. If you are qualified and interested, please include your cover letter, work sample (<10Mb), CV, and any questions you might have about the job.
Please submit applications to email@example.com.