Schiller Projects is seeking an Intermediate Architect with Fabrication experience who is interested in working on a diverse range of projects within our growing NYC team. The chosen candidate will be highly committed to developing work of the highest quality in a self-motivated but collaborative manner, with an innate desire to perpetually learn and grow.
This role will be primarily focused around:
- Work with and report daily to Project Lead / Senior Architect
- Draft comprehensive drawing sets from concept through construction documents
- Generate detailed 3D models to develop all aspects throughout the changing design process
- Proficient knowledge in 3D detailing and fabrication
- Mandatory proficiency in Rhino and parametric modeling via Grasshopper
- Research capabilities for developing new build techniques not explored by the studio
- Communicate with consultants and clients to implement their goals in project deliverables
- Maintain files including drawings, documents, specifications, correspondences and all other project materials in an organized manner following filing protocols
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team of designers, architects and studio head to develop new ideas and execute business objectives
- Develop design and presentation documents in support of various project phases
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Significant contributions to an extremely well documented and coordinated drawing set
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino with Grasshopper, and Adobe Suite are mandatory
- Understanding of materials and construction techniques
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple, fast paced projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 5-7 years of experience in several phases of the design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, and construction administration with site supervision
- Previous experience at a fabrication shop a plus
- Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa and must be authorized to work in the US
We are currently unable to sponsor international candidates who require additional legal authorization to work in the United States.
Please submit one PDF document no more than 10MB that includes a brief cover letter, examples of your work & a resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should be brief and tell us what excites you about this opportunity. Please put “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line.