Formation Association practices architecture as an expansive cultural enterprise emerging from investigation and reflection to transform our expectations of the built environment.
Our current projects range widely in scale from creative residential, institutional, and commercial projects to artists studios and galleries, including the new Phillips Auction in West Hollywood.
Formation Association is currently interviewing for an Intermediate Architect in Los Angeles with 5-10 years experience with a PA/PM emphasis. Our ideal candidate will lead the design and execution of multiple projects creatively and technically in all phases, from conceptualization to construction administration and participate in improving management practices with management team. Health Care and benefits provided.
Formation Association is an evolving and creative office responding to the cultural landscape around us. We’ve typically found that more experience architects may possess the technical capabilities, but not the cultural perspective to fully understand our process or projects. If you detect that you possess both, please do reach out to us by applying.
- Professional Architecture Degree Completed, BA/MA.
- 5-10 years of professional experience w. PA/PM emphasis.
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams through all project phases.
- Super great interpersonal skills a must.
- Experience with AIA and non-AIA contracts.
- Command of AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience in residential, commercial, and institutional projects a super plus.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Manage process and profitability of assigned projects.
- Deepen client contact and communications.
- Mentor junior and intermediate team members
- Interpolate new ideas within range of Formation Association’s work and office culture.
- Self-organize, navigate ambiguity, and improvise in a demanding work environment.
- Able to produce commentary and analysis on contemporary art and architecture.
To apply, please email a statement of interest and CV to the following email address. Please send work portfolios via URL links – Do not send portfolios via emailed PDFs.
No phone calls please – Only selected candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews. Thank you for your understanding.