DVLPR is seeking an intermediate architect based in NYC.
DVLPR is looking for a highly motivated and talented intermediate architect. Candidates should have strong conceptual design talent and building and technical experience. Candidates should be eager to explore innovative design solutions and comfortable in a fast-paced environment where they are expected to demonstrate a creative, pragmatic, and iterative design process. In this position you will be responsible for modeling and rendering, presentations, and drawing sets, working in all stages, from conceptual design through technical and construction phases.
DVLPR (Developer) is a design studio committed to a proactive role for architectural practice. Often working at the intersection of art and architecture, the studio’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of cultural, residential, and commercial projects including exhibition design and activism against predatory development. The studio has recently realized significant cultural projects with institutions such as the Whitney Museum of American Art, Museum für Moderne Kunst, Statens Konstråd, and Current: LA. Ongoing commercial work includes collaborating on the worldwide rebranding of a luxury fashion house and show scenography for Paris Fashion week.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience.
- Experience in an internationally recognized architecture office is optimal
- Strong conceptual, graphic, and design skills – illustrated in a comprehensive portfolio
- Self-motivated, proactive, and confident working at a fast pace towards design excellence
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Must have excellent proficiency in English
- High proficiency working in Rhino and 3D rendering software (vray or similar) is a must
- High proficiency working in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite programs, in particular InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency in drafting and experience developing a drawing set
Please submit a PDF of your portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org