LEVER Architecture is mid-sized architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon. We are seeking candidates to contribute to and grow with an award-winning office dedicated to design, research, and impactful projects across many different scales, regions, and typologies. The firm brings international experience and design excellence to diverse range of building types including institutional, creative office, and multi-family housing, as well as being nationally recognized for technical innovation with mass timber. The best candidates will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for design, good communication skills, and experience with all design phases.
Duties may include:
- Reporting directly to the Associate or Principal in charge, and potentially functioning as a project architect or project manager
- Production of diagrams, models, renderings, and drawings for internal study, design presentation, consultant coordination, or client presentations
- Research and preparation of presentation materials
- Coordination with various engineers and consultants as required for the successful completion of various phases of design
- Responsibility for the management and/or production of construction and contract documents
- The ability to collaborate, work productively, and potentially lead various tasks or phases in a team-based studio environment
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 5-8 years professional architecture experience
- Licensed Architect is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with industry standard design software, including Revit required
- Experience and familiarity with building codes a plus
- Comfortable working independently and as a productive member of a team
- Experience coordinating with engineers and consultants
- Experience producing detailed construction document sets and/or construction administration experience
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills
- Interest in ongoing learning and action to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession and community
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Portland, Oregon
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue your design career in a growing, award winning firm. LEVER Architecture is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive studio. LEVER provides competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.
LEVER Architecture is a Portland, Oregon based design practice that was founded in 2009. The 30-person firm is widely recognized for material innovation and pioneering work with Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT). LEVER projects encompass first-of-their-kind timber buildings for clients such as The Nature Conservancy and Adidas and include more than $1M in research to develop and test wood building assemblies. The firm’s work challenges conventional methods of fabrication, uses local and commonplace materials in unexpected ways, and pursues construction that benefits the environment and regional economy. This approach emphasizes transformation at every level of design and brings greater beauty and meaning to the final built work.
LEVER was recently recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms; and in 2017, was named to Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard and the Architectural League of New York’s Emerging Voices. The firm’s work has been featured in news outlets including the New York Times, the Atlantic, Dwell, and Metropolis among others. LEVER projects were also recently featured in Timber City, an exhibition at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.
Visit us at www.leverarchitecture.com
Qualified candidates should submit by email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com. Inquiries should have “Intermediate Architect” in the subject heading. This is a full-time position with benefits. No phone calls please.