We are a growing Architectural and Passive House/Sustainability consulting design firm seeking passionate and self-motivated candidates with 3 to 5 years of experience for a Intermediate Architect position.
We seek a collaborative and curious Architect with strong organization, design, research and construction detailing skills. The ideal candidate will have experience in design and construction documents, specifically for projects in the New York City Area.
- Collaborate with a small team of architects in all phases (schematic design through construction administration) of small, medium, and large-scale projects, under the direction of a Project Manager or Principal;
- Assisting the Project Manager or Principal in coordination with clients and running project meetings;
- Design and presentation drawings;
- Construction detailing and drawings;
- Construction observation and administration;
Skills, Experience and Software Requirements:
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience in all phases of design and construction documents;
- Project experience in construction observation a plus;
- Experience with building code and zoning analysis a plus;
- Rendering and visualization skills a plus;
- Energy modeling, building science and sustainability certifications (CHPC, LBC) a plus;
- Required Software Fluency:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
- Word, Excel;
- AutoCad experience a plus;
- Rendering and other 3D visualization software experience a plus;
- Energy modeling (Wufi Passive, PHPP, eQuest) and carbon modeling a plus;
- ProCore experience a plus;
We are an award-winning design firm that is knowledgeable of technology and tradition. We have a detail-oriented, modern aesthetic with an exceptional emphasis of building energy, sustainability, and design for and within our communities.
The firm’s practice is in the Lower East Side. We specialize in affordable housing, cultural facilities, multi-family residential, and adaptive re-use in the 5 boroughs and the Northeast.
Most projects incorporate Passive House methodology, with some achieving Net Zero certification.
We provide training in Passive House design concepts and a wide range of experience is offered.
Primary Project Types include:
- Affordable Housing (new construction and deep energy retrofit);
- Market Rate Housing (new construction and deep energy retrofit);
- Adaptive Re-Use;
- Sustainability Consulting and Research;
- Arts and Culture Spaces;
- Site and Master Planning;
- We typically compete in several Competitive RFPs each year;
Competitive salary and benefits offered, with compensation scaled to experience. The expected compensation for this position is $60,000 to $73,000 per year.