We are looking for a talented Junior/Intermediate Architect who is highly motivated, experienced in all levels of the building process and enjoys the challenge of juggling several projects at one time. The Akeena Group is a woman owned, full service firm, licensed both in Architecture and General Contracting, with a wide range of project types. As a small and dynamic firm, our days are fast paced, varied and always interesting. The ideal candidate will bring multifamily and commercial experience to the position along with design and presentation skills and will have the opportunity to take a project from the client’s initial meeting to the occupancy of their space. In addition, this position calls for:
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities, adjusting deadlines, and embracing the fluidity of construction management
- strong organizational skills along with a high degree of understanding of construction documentation and code compliance
- the capability to comprehend the importance of the big picture, (scheduling a project from initial design to final inspection) as well as value of detail (designing the connection of the column to the railing, specifying the material, knowing how a trade will manage that application, and understanding the life cycle and maintenance of what you have designed)
- the ability to work collaboratively with excellent communication, both verbal and written, toward everyone on the team, as well as the extended support staff
- a proficiency in Revit with a thorough understanding of construction documentation and detailing
- a passion to be out in the field and intimately involved in the construction aspect of the projects
- an understanding and knowledge of building codes, ADA compliance and submittal practices.
- At least 4 to 6 years of professional experience in design development and construction documentation, as well as an understanding of the project’s process from the beginning through the end
- a degree in Architecture and the goal of licensure along with the desire to grow as a professional
We encourage people who are independent, driven, creative and thrive in a challenging environment to contact us.
We appreciate your submittal of the following documents:
- A cover letter stating your direction, goals, experience and specific skills that you will bring to the position
- A resume with a timeline and descriptions of past employment history and education.
- Construction drawing samples of completed projects and an explanation of your role in each project
- Examples of presentation drawing styles, construction details, design details, etc.
This is a full time position and while we do not offer health insurance or other benefits at this time, we are in the process of adopting relevant programs.
The Akeena Group is a company that embraces diversity in race, age, gender and thought. We strongly encourage community involvement and personal growth. By embracing innovation, systems and professional development, we all stand to benefit as a team and as a company.
Our Guiding Values:
- Create a fun, positive experience throughout the project
- Everyone on the team deserves respect
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Be open to change and new techniques
- Be grateful for the job, the team, the client and the vendors
- Transparency through communication and relationship
- Interact with others on a deeper level, get involved with their passions
- Be empathic
- Know what we do affects others emotionally, physically and energetically
- Be Remarkable Everyday
We are looking for someone special who not only has the experience but has the desire to be part of our team. While experience and skills are important, even more valuable to us is embracing similar philosophies and fitting into our desired culture. This is what will create a better team, a better environment and ultimately, a better project.
We are excited to hear from you!