Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with offices in Oslo, New York, San Francisco and Innsbruck. The US offices are working on architectural and landscape projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas.
We are seeking an intermediate architectural designer for our New York office who is committed to the creation and development of exemplary architecture from concept through execution.
An ideal Intermediate Designer/Architect candidate will possess:
- Professional degree in architecture
- An intermediate level with a range of 5-10 years of professional architecture experience
- Exceptional design sensibility, talent and rigor
- Previous experience through all phases of design (concept design through construction administration)
- Experience with putting together a drawing set
- Ability to demonstrate project and team management skills
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams, including associate landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Adobe CS, Word and Excel
- Experience with academic and/or performance space is especially valued
The following is typical of someone who thrives in our studio:
- Presents a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Promotes collaboration across all disciplines, with both professional and administrative teammates
- Has a vested interest and experience working with physical models and drawings, including both digital and analog exploratory methods of design
- Provides and receives feedback in a thoughtful, respectful and supportive way
- Has strong organizational and time management skills
- Works with a sense of energy, passion and personal responsibility
- Says and does the right things to make teammates feel understood, appreciated and included
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receive constructive criticism
- Please submit your application to our resume database
- We review applications on a continuous basis. Due to the large amount of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or emails please