S20M is a Milan based full service architecture and interiors design firm specialized in creating personalized luxury spaces and uniquely articulated lifestyle experiences worldwide.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to help our New York city start up office grow. Our work includes ground up and renovation of medium to large scale high end residential projects in New York and New Jersey.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of a project, from concept to completion, generating presentation materials, participating in client meetings/presentations, generating construction documents and interior specifications, shop drawings. Candidates must be self-motivated, reliable and able to manage all aspects of a project.
- A completed architecture or interior design degree from an accredited university or college (B.S, B.Arch, M.Arch)
- Three to five years (3-5) of professional experience.
- Excellent design, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship development and stakeholder engagement skills required
- Understanding of construction drawings, products, materials, lighting, and experience in detailing, elevations, finishes, color and furniture selection
- 100% proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
Designer essential duties and responsibilities:
- Defines program requirements and establishes design parameters based on client requirements and working with the project manager
- Creates and develops overall design concepts, schematic, design development and construction documents through detail level; strategizes and leads design presentations
- FF&E specifications
- Independently evaluates and select materials; consult with vendors
- Works integrally with the project team to develop interior concepts that work seamlessly with the project’s design concepts
- Responsible for conceptual design development of interior space to include floor plans, selection of finishes, pattern designs, elevations, details, room finishes etc
- Evaluates client needs, analyze and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements, programming, space planning, facilities planning, material specifications and producing high quality design
- Produces drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality constraints
- Team player and people person
- Dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and personal/professional growth
- Self-starting, highly motivated, hardworking, responsive to project needs
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough, with strong communication and time management skills
Qualified individuals should:
- Submit PDF resumes and work samples (not to exceed 8 MB) to: email@example.com
- Provide salary requirements in the body of your cover letter
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Part-time may be turned to full time.
Please send resume and work samples by email in a single PDF document. Please also describe salary requirements and availability. Applicants must be fluent in verbal and written English, have legal working status in the United States.
Interviews will take place in New York starting from June 21st.