Who is Multistudio?
Multistudio collaboratively expands the practice of design from cities to buildings to branding. We believe that diversity of thought, people and disciplines helps us spark change. Through our portfolio of projects, neither size nor type dictates their importance.
Their impact does.
Position Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking full-time Interior Designers / Interior Architects for our Kansas City and Lawrence office locations. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to develop and execute design solutions for projects under the direction of leadership. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of our Studio’s design philosophy, rendering design ideas in the form of models, drawings, videos, and illustrations to present designs to clients for approval. You’ll have opportunities to work in all phases of a project, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, construction drawings, and construction administration.
You’ll work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, building and permitting officials, and a number of other outside parties to ensure your team meets overall project objectives and that projects conform to contract and design specifications. You’ll work with Project Architects and project teams to manage client expectations and ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents. This role provides an opportunity to contribute to the advancement and thinking of new ways to contribute to the build environment and tackle the unique and untired.
We are Seeking Candidates with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- 3+ years’ relevant experience with interior design / interior architecture
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- Understanding of construction process, materials, material costs, lighting, systems integration / coordination, time limits, and production
- Familiarity with Google Sketchup, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat), Microsoft Office
- Experience with physical modeling, material, spatial and lighting mock-ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
We seek people who value the responsibility of design, humbly engage many, pursue ideas with rigor, and seek meaningful outcomes both big and small. Currently, our 130+ employees collaborate across our Studio and office locations. Our practice’s core values embrace equity, diversity and creative freedom.
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plan. Multistudio supports a hybrid work environment; encouraging at least three days in office for regional hires.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and an electronic portfolio. We look forward to getting to know you!
Please submit your application and supporting documentation on our ADP page: Recruitment (adp.com)