COOKFOX Architects is seeking an Interior Designer with 3-5 years professional experience and excellent design skills to join our 100 person studio. This position will focus primarily on interior architecture work with an emphasis on architectural detailing, programming, layouts, finish & fixture selection, and trade coordination. The interior designer will be fully integrated into the architectural project design team as the interior scope develops and he or she must demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail. The best candidates will have enthusiasm for environmental sustainability, dedication to design, and experience with a variety of project types.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in an architectural or interior design office
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Must have experience working on multiple interiors projects: high-end, multi- and single-family residential and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite
- Awareness of key design trends, lighting, color, and materials
- Knowledge of interiors-related building codes, standards and LEED standards a plus
- Comfort in working independently, demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of high-end clients as well as vendors
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and communication skills
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment. Through rigorous research and materials selections, our interiors practice assists in the creation of healthy, sustainable environments with an emphasis on connecting people to nature.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interior Designer” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.