INTERIOR DESIGNER – ARCHITECTURE
Richärd Kennedy Architects is an award-winning studio-based firm that focuses on positively impacting people’s lives through the craft of architecture. Since the firm’s origin in 1996, public buildings have been an essential part of our work. We are a global firm with a portfolio of work that include United States embassy and consulate campuses, higher education and academic research laboratories, public and academic libraries, and other civic opportunities. Our success in the pursuit of design excellence is evidenced by numerous local, regional, national, and international design awards including the American Institute of Architects “National Honor Award” for Architecture. The firm was recognized as an “Emerging Voice” by the Architectural League of New York, and one of the “New Vanguard” by Architectural Record. We know collaboration is the key to success in delivering important buildings that represent the ideals of a community and society.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current knowledge of materials, finishes, furnishings, and equipment; including industry standards for selection, procurement, and install management of such items.
- Have solid understanding of industry standards, construction methods, and technical systems at large.
- Have the ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere.
- Have strong creative design and drawing skills, graphic and oral design presentation skills, capacity for conceptual design thinking, and 3D design/modeling ability.
- Have strong client, project management, and time management skills.
- Have knowledge of the construction administration process.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 or more years of experience as an Interior Designer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture or equivalent.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with SketchUp.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks.
- AIA, CID, NCIDQ or equivalent accreditation.
- Proficiency with Revit.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Experience with commercial, educational, and institutional projects preferred.
- Experience and interested in sustainable building design.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Team player and people person.
- Dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and personal/professional growth.
- Self-starter with an ambitious attitude, highly motivated, hardworking, responsive to project needs.
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough, with strong communication and time management skills.