Applicant needs to be APPROVED TO WORK in the USA.
This position requires IN OFFICE attendance.
An energetic designer wanting to immerse themselves in the interiors experience with one of the top architectural design firms in Connecticut. We require a designer willing to learn the ropes while supporting the Design Team. This role will include drawing various aspects of a project in Revit, creating design presentations, and contributing to the construction documentation process. Applicants should have a strong sense of teamwork and initiative that will allow them to engage in our collaborative design process, then translate those designs into presentation and construction drawings. The person who fills this role will have the full support and guidance of our experienced and talented staff to allow them to learn and grow in their position.
The right designer will be immersed in all phases of a project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration, Interior Design and Furniture Selection & Procurement (FS&P), with a potential for project management, business development and client presentations. The preferred requirements for this position will include:
- Excellent Revit Skills.
- Min 2 years’ of experience.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree.
- Strong design skills.
- Construction drawing experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
WHO WE ARE
We are an award-winning architecture firm that’s been creating distinctive projects in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts for over 30 years. Our scope of work ranges from multi-family amenity spaces, restaurants, and hospitality projects and to high-end residential homes. We work with select industry-leading Developers to create buildings that activate neighborhoods and create lasting communities; with leading Restaurateurs to create special restaurant experiences; and with Clients to create distinctive homes. Our team is united by dedication to, and passion for, design. We are a small office that encourages ownership and individual growth allowing employees to grow with the team, many of whom have been working together for 10 years or more. If you’re up for a fast-paced creative environment with a company at the forefront of design, we would love to have you on our team.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Ongoing engagement with talented senior design team members.
- Develop new skills and contribute to award winning projects.
- Participate in collaborative design charrettes.
- Client engagement and management.
- Exposure to all phases of design.
- Potential growth into a leadership role within the firm.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision.
- HRA – Company-paid Medical Deductible.
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance Benefits.
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability.
- SAR-SEP – Retirement Savings Plan eligible to contribute pre-tax after 1 year of employment.
- Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.
- Affiliate Membership Dues Reimbursement.
- Year-End Bonus.
- Monthly Group Happy Hours.
- Weekly Group Breakfast/Lunch
To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume, portfolio and drawing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org