Urban are proud to be working with a highly sophisticated and award winning Interior Design Studio who are known within the industry for their superior design. As a widely recognized industry leader, our client are highly prolific due to their long lasting client relationships and reputation for producing beautifully elegant residential projects within the US.
They are currently seeking an intermediate level Interior Designer to be involved in all aspects of the design process for high end residential projects including project management responsibilities.
Your day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing multiple projects at once.
- Working on projects form the initial concept design through to installation.
- Liaising with clients during site visits, regular meetings which will include the production of presentations.
- Be involved in the development of floor plans, mood boards, material selection and design schemes.
- You will create specification sheets for proposals and obtaining quotes during the purchasing process.
- Regular coordination with architects, contractors, vendors and clients with reviewing plans.
- Be involved in problem solving until a solution is found in a proactive and creative manner.
- To oversee and create FF&E schedules including lighting.
- To be present and proactive during the installation stage including coordination.
You will require:
- An equivalent of 3-5 years’ of professional experience within high end interior design firms.
- Professional proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Design Manager (is a plus).
- A portfolio containing hand sketching and rendering.
- The ability to work on tight deadlines and on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- To have prior experience working with antique FF&E.
- To be able to travel to site for meetings and installations.
- Having prior experience communicating within a client facing role.
- To have experience with design resources within New York such as D&D building.
Our client offer benefits including 401k, health insurance, vacation and PTO.
Please apply with your resume and professional work samples including hand sketches (under 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org