MR Architecture & Decor, a prestigious architecture and interior design firm specializing in high end residential and luxury retail currently has an opening in our decor department for an experienced interior designer with a minimum of 5 years experience including 2+ years project management experience. Candidates must have strong design skills with experience in luxury residential and retail interiors and the ability to contribute to a very fast-paced and creative office. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of the local design industry, fine antiques, and fabric/furniture vendors.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interior design & décor management of a project from the design phase through installation
- Client interaction including attending meetings and showroom visits
- Developing and maintaining a furnishings budget, preparing and tracking furniture orders
- Sourcing decorative finishes, specifying furnishings and fabrics
- Coordination with furniture vendors, including design/management of custom furniture fabrication
- Preparation of furniture plans, design elevations and detailed custom furniture drawings
- Interfacing with the internal architecture team
We are looking for an efficient person with exceptional organizational and multitasking skills who is able to work with minimal supervision and manage all phases of an interior design & décor project. Candidates must have a Bachelor or Masters degree in interior design, a minimum of three years of experience managing interior design projects, and the ability to work well with colleagues, clients, vendors and construction managers. Candidates must be proficient in Auto CAD, MS Office and Photoshop; knowledge of Quickbooks a plus.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.