If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- Participate in all aspects of project programming, planning, design, and documentation across a variety of project types.
- Participate in the selection of materials, furniture, fixtures and finishes that reflect and support the project’s overall design.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal team members to ensure outcomes consistent with design intent and client needs.
- Prepare for and participate in client presentations and meetings.
- Contact and coordinate with product representatives and vendors to stay current with materials, trends and technologies and how they inform design.
What You Bring to this Role
- Minimum of one year of recent interior architecture experience in an architecture or interior architecture firm required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in producing technical documentation in all project phases including permit and construction documents preferred.
- Proficiency in SketchUp and/or Rhino required.
- Beginner Revit knowledge required; have at least one year recent Revit experience in an academic or professional setting. Understands how Revit works, but may not have completed a project from start to finish. Has made edits to existing drawings, models, etc. Intermediate Revit knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D rendering skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design required.
- Sustainability accreditation preferred.
Interested candidates should submit samples along with their resume. Portfolios (up to 1mb) should be uploaded with resume if there is no portfolio link.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Hybrid work environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Financial health and wellness benefits – retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at email@example.com.