Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the diverse talents of employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions.
With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative people from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
We’re looking for an Interior Designer to work on a min. 3-month contract, who has experience designing commercial offices and/or government offices You will join the project during the conceptual design phase and be a key member of the design team. Depending on the nature of the ongoing work, the contract could extend beyond this phase or onto other new projects that arise.
Knowledge of and experience with technical spaces such as presentation rooms, theaters and video teleconferencing centers and large scale campus like commercial projects is highly desired.
The selected candidate will be highly collaborative, creative and have extensive experience and relationship with a wide array of manufacturers and vendors in the interior design space.
- Working under the design direction from Creative Leadership and in collaboration with the architectural team, research furniture, finishes and fixture options
- Work with and satisfy our Lead Designer’s vision to delight and exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly and clearly with the design team comprised of Architects, conceptual designers, drafters, and AV and lighting engineers.
- Complete specification sheets.
- Acquire documentation and samples.
- Occasionally work with manufacturers and fabricators to design and or create custom furniture or millwork. Or make modifications to existing pieces to meet specific project needs.
- Work with the purchasing department on price quotes and lead-times.
- 10+ years of experience in commercial office and/or government office interior spaces
- Proven creative and technical breadth and depth.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with Design leadership and clients.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with AV Engineers and Lighting designers and other technical designers and engineers on a project.
- Experience with REVIT, AutoCAD or AutoDesk Architecture.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Required certification: CCIDC and/or NCIDQ.
- Experience designing technical spaces (i.e.. Theaters, Video Teleconferencing Centers).
- Prefer ASID certified member.
Submission or portfolio is required for consideration for this position.
Applied Minds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fair and equitable compensation for all employees. We thoughtfully consider a wide range of factors when determining individual compensation. The expected base pay range for this role is between $50 and $65 per hour. Actual compensation for an individual will vary depending on skills, qualifications and experience. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer we make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Qualified and interested candidates, please apply online: