Your design aesthetic is respected and called upon consistently. Your intense passion and borderline obsession for design freaks some people out. Tenacity is your mantra, learning and teaching aren’t mutually exclusive. Relatable? Keep reading.
Note: Position also open in San Francisco.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an Interior Designer with a minimum of five years’ experience at architecture or commercial interior design firms. Ideally a self-starter and fast learner, who is looking for opportunities to improve systems, structures, and themselves. Revit proficiency and communication/ visualization skills are a must, FF+E knowledge and specification experience preferred.
This position is for a poised individual with the ability to communicate ideas graphically, assemble finish palettes, and coordinate and collaborate with furniture vendor. Importantly, it requires composed interface with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience.
- Professional interior design or architecture degree from accredited school.
- Thrives within a team environment.
- Expert knowledge and professional experience with Revit.
- Experience in construction documentation, detailing, and FF&E specifications.
- Ability to review construction for general conformance with the design concept.
- Experience with space planning, programming, and materials selection.
- Knowledge of California Building Code preferred.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with multiple deadlines.
- Experience with systems furniture, bidding, and specifications.
- Skilled working with InDesign templates and layout.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Enscape skills a huge plus.
- Candidates must currently reside in, and have unrestricted authorization to work in, the United States.
- Full-time employees receive four weeks PTO (including the week between Christmas and New Years when the firm is closed).
- Nine paid holiday days.
- Flexible working hours with a 4-day work week option.
- Distributed work model.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) with generous matching.
- Strong continuing education support on both a firm-wide and an individual basis.
- Salary increase upon licensure (successfully passed licensing exams are reimbursed too).
The Blitz team works hard and we make sure we take time to have fun and keep learning. We support our industry through a variety of events, and enjoy being part of the design and construction community. Blitz is delighted for the attention we get through awards and press, which highlight our workplace, hospitality, bio-tech, retail, higher education, international, and ground-up portfolio. Not to mention, our parties (virtual and in-person) are awesome.
Learn more about Blitz via Instagram (we love photos), LinkedIn, and of course our website.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, work samples inclusive of rendering samples, and salary requirements in a single document in PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.