MSA has been practicing architecture and design since 1976. We have an extensive history of creating inspiring, purpose-driven spaces and experiences. We value innovation, function, and excellent client relationships so much that they have become the hallmarks of our firm. Our services span retail, workplace interiors, hospitality, and specialty projects.
MSA is looking for a full-time Interior Designer to work on various design projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Our candidate will be a solutions-oriented professional, working with architects and designers to lead the documentation process and project documents.
- Assist Senior Managers &/or Architects with their projects.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required to prepare drawings and design layouts.
- Collaborate with clients, consultants, and in-house team members on projects
- Work with the Project team to ensure the client’s design direction.
- Assist in formulating and generating design presentations.
- Have knowledge of commercial furniture and finish resources.
- Responsible for working within project budgets and obtaining cost estimates.
- Selects, coordinates, and produces color, material, hardware, furniture, and fixture specifications.
- Responsible for the production of all interior design documentation and detailing.
- Experience and ability to conduct accurate field surveys expeditiously.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in a diverse team environment.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.
- Produce Revit drawings, renderings, layouts, and color boards for specific architectural designs.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- 1-3 years of design & architecture experience on retail, hospitality, or commercial projects.
- Degree from an accredited architecture or design school.
- Knowledge of architecture, design, space planning, drafting, building materials, building codes, and construction.
- A good understanding of client customer service focus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with project teams.
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and with solid attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to work with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities of fast-track projects.
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles desired.
- Revit and AutoCAD skills required
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows environments.
Compensation is based on relevant experience and qualifications. The salary for this role is estimated between $60,000 to $110,000 plus benefits and performance-based bonuses.
MSA Architecture & Design offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Benefit options for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Hybrid flexibility, 10 -12 paid holidays, and vacation time
Employer matching 401(k) program