Substance is seeking an interior designer to join its team in Hong Kong.
Substance is an award-winning multidisciplinary branding and interior design agency focusing on high-end F&B, hospitality and residential projects.
At the very epicentre of Hong Kong’s design revolution, our 22-person shop uses design as a tool to rejuvenate culture and local neighbourhoods, creating works of substance that make Hong Kong a place people look to for inspiration. Ever daring and ever curious, we are constantly venturing into new projects and industries, including the launch of our exclusive line of furniture and lighting.
We attract the type of clients who appreciate uniquely crafted designs and that allow us to do things we could have only dreamed of. With commissions spanning the globe, we are now active in Hong Kong, Seoul, Hoi An, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, Megève and Rio de Janeiro.
Curious? Visit our website
We are seeking a young and high calibre interior designer to join our design studio in Hong Kong and become part of our family. You will be working with clients that range from major global brands to boutique start-ups, with no project ever being the same.
The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. We’re looking for an individual who takes details and aesthetics seriously and is interested in taking on the most challenging and rewarding projects around the globe.
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules
- understanding clients’ needs, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
- researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project
- conducting feasibility studies for projects
- preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- supervising work at the design stage and on-site
- producing sample or mood boards for presentation to clients
- sourcing products, e.g. furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and providing samples for clients
- degree holder or above in architectural design or related majors from a recognised international school
- two to three years’ experience in drafting F&B/hospitality/retail interior drawings and decoration projects (candidates with shorter experience will not be considered)
- good knowledge of full set drawings including tender, construction and detail
- highly attentive to detail
- well-organised and reliable
- good time-management and project-juggling skills
- able to design, produce details & working drawings
- good command of English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
- high-level proficiency of AutoCAD a must, good command of Adobe Suite and freehand sketches will be considered a definite advantage
- self-motivated, hard-working and willing to work overtime
Working language: English
Salary: based on experience, negotiable
Please submit the application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.