JG Neukomm Architecture, PLLC is an award-winning New York City architecture and interior design studio recognized for multi-residential, commercial, and private residential projects. Our mid-sized firm and diverse staff give studio members guidance and leadership opportunities with experience in all aspects of the many types of projects we are designing in NYC and beyond. View our work at www.jgnarch.com.
We seek a full-time Interior Designer with 2-4 years of post-graduate, professional experience. Applicants should possess exceptional, demonstrated design talent, be self-driven and motivated, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
The position will involve:
- Working closely with the principal and senior staff on all project phases, from schematic design through construction administration and FF&E.
- Engaging in design studies, digital modeling, product and material research.
- Understanding space and site considerations, and client requirements to determine their impact on designs.
- Coordinating with architecture team, vendors, manufacturers, and fabricators to integrate their work into unified design solutions.
- Producing FF&E documents, including spec books, budgets, and custom furniture drawings, including details and material specifications.
- Management of purchasing, delivery, and claims for private residential FF&E.
Qualities of the ideal candidate will include:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Furniture Design; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of furniture construction, materials, vendors, and history.
- Well-developed strategic and critical thinking abilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, Rhino, and V-Ray.
- Excellent rendering skills.
Our studio highly values a healthy, fun, and collaborative work environment, and we have a solid track-record of mentoring junior designers to advance to more senior positions in the firm.
We offer a robust, comprehensive benefit package including employer provided (100%) medical insurance with annual Health Savings Account contributions, annual bonus, paid time off (3 weeks starting), IRA retirement account (after 6 months), parental leave, and excellent professional development programs.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples (both student and professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.