AB design studio is an award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Southern California. Our Santa Barbara and Los Angeles studios are always seeking new team members in a variety of studio roles. We thrive on multi disciplinary design with a focus on creativity and signature solutions for each client and project.
AB design studio is hiring Interior Design focused Project Captains with experience in Hospitality, Commercial and Residential Design to join our studios in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. The Interior Design Project Captain must demonstrate extensive technical interior architectural experience on a wide variety of projects through the construction administration phase. The candidate will oversee and assist project leaders and senior designers in the interior production process from proposal through construction administration on a project. AB design studio Project Captains exhibit exceptional professional skills and be able to perform in a fast paced and dynamic design centric business environment. AB Job Captains are detail-oriented, passionate about design, and possess technical knowledge and experience with current Interior Design and Architecture industry design software and delivery methodology.
- Support the Senior Interior Designer & Project Managers in achieving the project design to meet client’s needs, budget, and on schedule.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of the CAD and BIM documentation of a project during Schematic through Contract Documentation phases in conjunction with the Senior Interior Designer and Project Managers in a multi-disciplinary design firm.
- Provide coordination efforts and deliverables with project consultants and contractors.
- Clear communication and collaboration with the rest of the Interior Design team and Studio Director, Project Managers and colleagues across the firm to promote an interdisciplinary design approach.
- Ability to prepare architectural and millwork details, solid understanding of building systems and construction.
- Assist Project Managers in all activities to Construction Administration including shop drawings process, and responding to RFIs during bidding, negotiations and construction phases.
5-8+ years of relevant experience in preparing design and construction documents of Hospitality, Commercial and Residential Design projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school of design.
- Knowledge of space planning and interior architecture, and local/national planning codes.
- Familiar with FF&E selections, Lighting design, Color and Materials and specifications.
- A true team player who can effectively manage time and meet deadlines across different project types.
- Execution and coordination of drawings including plans, elevations, details and schedules.
- Advance knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-Up is required. Familiarity with ArchiCAD and Rhino is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite applications and Microsoft Office Suite is a bonus.
To Apply for this Position Follow these instructions:
All candidates interested in applying to AB design studio may submit their request electronically by Email to the email address listed below. Candidates shall submit a Selected Works Portfolio along with a Professional Resume & Reference List. Architectural + Interior Design studio candidates shall meet the following minimum requirements; candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other Related Design Degree Program (with exception of intern applicants) and illustrate strong critical thinking, communication, graphic and organization skill sets. Candidates with qualitative and relevant experience will be given priority consideration.
All applications shall be transmitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
All candidates shall provide applications following these formatting requirements:
- Title the email subject line with your first and last name and the position you are applying to. Please also let us know if you are applying for a role in the Architecture and Planning department or the Interior Design Department.
- Provide a brief summary in the body of the email to introduce yourself and define your candidacy for the desired position on offer.
- Attach to the email the following:
- Provide a single page PDF formatted cover letter indicating the position being applied to along with any pertinent information necessary to define your candidacy for the desired position – please reference your experience level in terms of years worked in a relevant professional setting along with your current legal residency status along with your current location of residence.
- Provide a PDF formatted Selected Works Portfolio (We like to see Student Work & Professional Work).
- Provide a PDF formatted Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Be prepared to submit a PDF formatted Reference List.
- All PDF files provided shall be formatted and optimized for quality on-screen viewing on a standard personal computer.
- Emailed Applications with file attachments exceeding 25 MB may not be reviewed or considered.
Physical Studio/Office Locations:
- Santa Barbara Studio – 420 East Haley Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Los Angeles Studio – 12421 Venice Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you are a current student, be careful when transmitting your school issued email address. Once you graduate from your school, the email will soon after be deleted from your university’s system. Provide an email address that we can use to contact you after your graduation date. Please also be sure to provide a telephone number that you can be reached at.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.