AB design studio is an award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Southern California. Our Santa Barbara and Los Angeles studios are always seeking new team members in a variety of studio roles. We thrive on multi disciplinary design with a focus on creativity and signature solutions for each client and project.
AB design studio is hiring Interior Designers to work on Hospitality, Commercial and Residential Design projects in our studios located in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. The designer position provides essential design and/or technical support for the professional staff and typically assists in the preparation and updating of project deliverables. Roles and responsibilities for the candidate can include product research, concept design development, documentation, drawing, sketching, material board fabrication and general administrative tasks for the professional staff and the interior design studio within AB design firm. AB design studio designers gain valuable experience on fast paced projects in a creative and dynamic professional award winning studio.
- Assist the design department with Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories research.
- Assist the department with maintaining and organizing the Material Library.
- Assist the department with product research for project work.
- Assist with maintaining the Furnishings, Color, Material and Image Board.
- Assists with Interior Design Specifications for product entry and organization of deliverables.
- Perform other project tasks and duties as assigned.
Interior Designer Associate: 0 – 3 years of relevant experience or recent College Graduate
Interior Design Librarian: 0 – 3 years of relevant experience or recent College Graduate
Interior Designer Level I: 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a professional interior design studio
Interior Designer Level II: 6+ years of relevant experience in a professional interior design studio
Interior Designer Level III: 8+ years of relevant experience in a professional interior design studio
- Basic Understanding and experience in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Suite and Google Sheets.
- Basic level of understanding and exposure in graphic design concepts such as, hand-sketch case work, vignette scenes, hand coloring, rendering interior drawings, area take-offs and shop drawings.
- Some exposure and experience in imperial and metric measuring and drawing.
- Familiarity with office procedures such as, processing purchase orders, ordering supplies and general office procedures.
- A basic understanding and exposure to interior design concepts such as, Space planning, Furniture, Fixtures, Materials and Product research.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be professional, comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff.
To Apply for this Position Follow these instructions:
All candidates interested in applying to AB design studio may submit their request electronically by Email to the email address listed below. Candidates shall submit a Selected Works Portfolio along with a Professional Resume & Reference List. Architectural + Interior Design studio candidates shall meet the following minimum requirements; candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other Related Design Degree Program (with exception of intern applicants) and illustrate strong critical thinking, communication, graphic and organization skill sets. Candidates with qualitative and relevant experience will be given priority consideration.
All applications shall be transmitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
All candidates shall provide applications following these formatting requirements:
- Title the email subject line with your first and last name and the position you are applying to. Please also let us know if you are applying for a role in the Architecture and Planning department or the Interior Design Department.
- Provide a brief summary in the body of the email to introduce yourself and define your candidacy for the desired position on offer.
- Attach to the email the following:
- Provide a single page PDF formatted cover letter indicating the position being applied to along with any pertinent information necessary to define your candidacy for the desired position – please reference your experience level in terms of years worked in a relevant professional setting along with your current legal residency status along with your current location of residence.
- Provide a PDF formatted Selected Works Portfolio (We like to see Student Work & Professional Work).
- Provide a PDF formatted Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Be prepared to submit a PDF formatted Reference List.
- All PDF files provided shall be formatted and optimized for quality on-screen viewing on a standard personal computer.
- Emailed Applications with file attachments exceeding 25 MB may not be reviewed or considered.
Physical Studio/Office Locations:
- Santa Barbara Studio – 420 East Haley Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Los Angeles Studio – 12421 Venice Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you are a current student, be careful when transmitting your school issued email address. Once you graduate from your school, the email will soon after be deleted from your university’s system. Provide an email address that we can use to contact you after your graduation date. Please also be sure to provide a telephone number that you can be reached at.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.