JAM is seeking an interior architect/designer with 1-3+ years of post-graduate work experience in high-end residential architecture and design.
We are a multidisciplinary firm based in DUMBO, Brooklyn with current work throughout New York City, the Hamptons, Hudson Valley, and New England. Our mission is to provide clients with a radically thoughtful design experience, emphasizing longevity and visual harmony.
Our residential renovations keep the best of what’s old and thoughtfully introduce the new. Our new homes are deeply rooted to the existing landscape through a strong connection between materiality and site.
We envision a world where every person gets to experience and be nurtured by the benefits of good design. Even minor decisions can have major consequences on human lives. We aim to consider the wider impacts our decisions have on humans, the environment, and communities.
We are looking for an interior architect/designer who shares our passion for residential work and is looking for long-term career growth. We have several new projects that need a motivated and self-starting interior architect/designer to work directly with the firm Principals on all phases of design and execution.
Responsibilities would include:
- Manage interiors projects in various project phases from schematic design through installation
- Attend client meetings and site visits and record meeting minutes
- Create and manage project schedules and internal deadlines
- Prepare and collaborate on client presentations
- Source and present hard and soft finishes, plumbing fixtures, decorative hardware, and lighting
- Design custom millwork and custom furniture
- Generate furniture plans, finish plans, interior elevations and construction details for millwork and custom furniture
- Oversee and participate in field measuring and documentation of existing conditions including precise measurements for the planning of furniture, window treatments and rugs
- Request proposals/pricing and oversee coordination of all vendor drawings and specification approvals
- Track project schedules and lead times to meet client move-in schedules
- Lead project coordination through installation
An ideal candidate for JAM:
- Thrives in a small-firm environment with a laid-back atmosphere and an intense focus on the firm’s commitments, goals and aesthetics
- Enjoys being a people person and embraces direct client and contractor interaction
- Fosters strong relationships throughout the project life cycle
- Strives to connect all the dots to create drawings and presentations that are clear, concise, and beautiful
- Understands the overall structure of a project’s critical path schedule and major milestones, and is able to self-start and push a project forward with minimal direction
- Revels in the details but knows when to use broad brush strokes
- Can work independently but also enjoys collaborating with other team members
- Highly organized, likes to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a genuine love for design and sourcing sustainable products
- Likes to think of creative and unique solutions for design problems
- Knows their way around Spotify & Pandora – the office music is always on!
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited institution
- 1-3+ years of post-graduate work experience, high-end residential experience a plus
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in either Sketchup or Rhino
- Experience with Enscape
- Experience with Studio Designer
- Legally authorized to work in the US and fluent in English (written and spoken)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience; $65,000/yr – $75,000+/yr
- Performance-based bonus compensation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer contribution
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Commuter benefits
Please submit one PDF document that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: JAM Interior Architect/Designer 2023 – [Your Name].