The Office of Charles De lisle is a contemporary, forward thinking design firm. It is our goal to always broaden our perspectives, learn from our surroundings and create thoughtful, exceptionally detailed, interesting work. A designer role at our office requires experience, knowledge and imaginative capacity in both creating and managing very specialized work.
An Interior Architect / Designer role provides design support in concept, documentation, management, and execution for custom interior projects. We are looking for an experienced designer with strong technical and management skills that can facilitate the design direction of projects through providing detailed interior drawings and interfacing with clients, architects, contractors, subcontractors and other design team members. Strong drafting skills in AutoCAD are essential for this position.
- Generate professional and detailed drawings, project sketches, floor plans, elevations in AutoCAD or sketch form.
- Generate detailed drawings of custom furniture, millwork, and interior architecture.
- Redline and review drawings submitted for project review.
- Site work, travel to project sites. Attend construction and client meetings off-site as necessary.
- Coordinate subcontractors, vendors and installations as needed to complete projects on-time and efficiently.
- Generate finish, hardware, plumbing schedules as necessary.
- Produce presentations to illustrate design intent. Assemble presentation boards.
- Professionally represent the office at fairs, seminars or shopping for projects.
- Interest in development and growth in responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in upper-level design position with a contemporary, residential design firm.
- 5-year minimum design experience and proficiency with AutoCAD & Sketch-up or similar.
- Industry recognized education/background in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- Ability to manage projects autonomously.
- Space planning, furniture layout, elevation development, and room programming experience.
- Experience with custom fabrication.
- Familiarity with sourcing contemporary, custom, vintage, and antique furnishings.
- Proficiency Microsoft Suite & Adobe Suite
- Strong graphic design and layout capabilities.
- Ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities.
- High-level of attention to detail and follow-up.
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation.