Interior Architect /Designer (Intermediate Level)
Murdock Solon Architects, based in NYC, NY/Portland, ME, a 10-person design firm is seeking an interior designer or interiors-focused architectural professional to take on key responsibilities within a growing practice.
The ideal candidate should show a strong interest and talent in both residential and commercial interiors, furniture, and material selections, and should be able to integrate the interior design into architecture, moving fluently between the two as required.
Also, the candidate must have the following requirements:
- Professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related fields.
- Excellent AutoCAD, Rhino or Sketch up, and Adobe Suite skills
- Understanding of team communications and construction drawing standards
- Strong communication skill with outside vendors/contractors/consultants, including with showrooms
- Ability to source products including materials, plumbing fixtures, appliances, furniture, door hardware, and lighting, and coordinate purchasing as necessary
- Self-motivation and self-discipline in an collaborative studio environment, ability to organize, with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to select and develop interiors palettes and create concept materials for client and internal presentations
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Prior experience with residential interiors and/or purchasing a plus
- Rendering ability a plus
- Must reside within New York City commutable region
This is a full time position working on our current commercial/residential projects assisting the partner and the project managers. Currently, we are working remotely however the new hire should be based in New York. Candidates can email the resume/work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSA is a full service architectural and interiors firm. Our recent works include townhouse renovations, art galleries, high end residential, and mixed use commercial buildings. Please limit correspondence to email at this time, no phone inquiry please.