Foster + Partners is seeking an industrial designer (furniture) to join the team in London.
Foster + Partners, the award winning, integrated design practice have an exciting opportunity for a talented furniture and product designer to join their industrial design team in Southwest London. You will be working as part of the industrial design team within one of the most innovative studios in the world on a diverse range of projects and scales from commercial products with external manufacturers to site specific bespoke pieces.
Responsibilities will include:
- to work on industrial and furniture projects within the department and act as a consultant to the architectural and interiors teams
- to prepare and develop from the brief, a design proposal and presentation by means of hand sketches, technical drawings, graphics, CAD models, working and presentation models
- to liaise with other external design teams and manufacturers and to oversee the construction and development of a project
- to assess the need for manufacture of a presentation model and to liaise with the model shop in terms of time and material management
- to work within the safety guidelines and provide support to others within the machine tool environment
Skills and experience required:
- previous experience within the field of industrial design
- be able to construct sketch and high-level presentation models in house for review and client presentation
- educated to degree level in a relevant subject – furniture or product design
- have a strong creative mind and be able to demonstrate your process
- experience using CAD, Rhino, CREO and 3ds Max or similar extremely desirable
- sketching – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- making – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- furniture design experience – highly desirable
Please apply via the link here with an up-to-date CV and pdf portfolio to show examples of your work to include sketches. The pdf portfolio must be no more than 10 MB.