citizenM is currently seeking an experienced technical architect (or equivalent) to take on the head of product design and development role.
In this capacity, the head of product development will lead our in-house team of product development experts, with a focus on driving continuous improvements in product quality, durability, efficiency, and implementation. The ultimate aim of our product development team is to improve the price to value ratio of citizenM’s developments, while ensuring that our products and building components are standardized and meet citizenM’s quality standards.
As the head of product development, you will play a crucial role in citizenM’s overall strategy of delivering high-quality yet efficient hotel buildings. This requires working closely with internal design management, project management, and maintenance teams, both for hotels currently under development and those already operational.
At citizenM, we believe that design is a core aspect of delivering a unique guest experience. As such, the head of product development will be a key member of our Design department, working to enhance the guest experience through driving creative thinking, strategic efficiency, and smart design solutions.
- Drive and execute the standardization of products and building components, ensuring that they meet citizenM’s high-quality standards.
- Develop and co-create citizenM products and components, such as room fit-out and technical equipment, while continuously seeking feedback and insights from stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement by effectively implementing lessons learned and best practices to improve the quality, durability, and efficiency of citizenM’s products.
- Lead a team of product designers and architects, providing effective guidance and mentorship to the team.
- Collaborate effectively with various stakeholders to retrieve relevant feedback, insight, and direction on product implementation issues and product performance.
- Drive and deliver product improvements to meet environmental and governance (ESG) goals related to decarbonization and climate resilience of our buildings,
- Working closely with MEP specialists on energy consumption and reduction.
- Partner with the procurement department to source, train, and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure that citizenM’s products are of the highest quality and delivered on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with project management on vendor onboarding for projects under development, ensuring that citizenM’s standards and guidelines are followed at all times.
- Deliver updated product documentation to the Brand Standards team, including stakeholder sign offs.
qualifications / skills
- Strong, relevant international work experience, with a focus on building techniques and building products.
- Proven experience as an effective team leader, with a track record of leading high-performing teams that deliver exceptional results.
- Familiarity with the agile way of working and the ability to manage complex projects and initiatives effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors, and to clearly articulate ideas and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong identification with the citizenM brand and a passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences through innovative product design and development.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software and other design tools, with a proven ability to create detailed technical drawings and visualizations that meet citizenM’s standards and guidelines.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, and preferably a second language.
what’s in it for you?
- citizenM experience nights for you (and friends and family).
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Latest tech devices and all the tools you need to be successful in your role.
- Commuting travel costs covered (by car or public transport).
- Pension and cycle to work scheme available.
- Subsidized fresh daily lunches at our support office.
- Flexible public holidays.
- Employee assistance program.
- Varied team days and social events (from food trucks and quizzes at the office to parties on boats).
- Spacious office in a historic building surrounded by gardens.
locations / hours
- This position will be based in citizenM support office in The Netherlands, Voorschoten. This is a full time position.
We actively seek applications from qualified individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace, whether in relation to religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We’re also happy to make accommodations in the interview process and beyond to best suit the needs and strengths of disabled people and neurodivergent individuals. If you require accommodations, please add a note in your application and we will work together to find the best solution possible.