Foster + Partners is hiring a head of BIM to join its team in London.
Reporting to: head of technology
Location: Battersea, London
Foster + Partners are an integrated architectural and engineering practice, committed to delivering sustainable and environmentally responsive projects that reflect the targets of The Paris Agreement. Our teams are focused on delivering net-zero energy and carbon solutions, net positive water systems, climatically resilient responses, the protection of natural resources, integration and expansion of green/ blue infrastructure, and providing sustainable urban planning for our projects around the world.
The Head of BIM leads a large and growing team of BIM experts and owns the practice-wide BIM strategy, enhancing Foster+Partners capabilities to deliver world class projects using BIM methodologies.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- create and drive the overall BIM strategic direction, liaising with key stakeholders across the business to ensure it aligns and supports the overall business objectives
- create and oversee future programmes and initiatives that deliver the strategic objectives
- lead, inspire and motivate the BIM team towards continual improvement and innovation, as well as the day-to-day activities
- oversees the BIM teams including operations, digital delivery, commercial, resourcing, design systems support and technology, ensuring each team is prioritising activities set out in the strategy roadmap and delivering against the day-to-day operational activities
- oversee and maintaining governance and control processes to ensure objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the practice’s resources are used responsibly and efficiently
- in conjunction with the learning and development team, ensure learning and up-skilling programs are created and progressed across all global locations, ensuring teams have required skills and capabilities for current and future needs
- ensure the teams are appropriately sized and skilled to ensure current and future objectives are met
- create reporting and monitor productivity and efficiency enhancements as well as progress towards the future wider objectives
- manage budgeting activities
- mentor staff to ensure staff and ensure staff are mentoring others in order to ensure longevity, career progression and succession planning
Qualities and skills required:
- strong leadership skills, managing multiple team sand a group of 50 plus staff
- a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, life long learning
- able to lead, motivate and mentor staff towards successful outcomes
- excellent organisational and communications skills, both written and verbal
- excellent commercial skills and experience
- able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
- able to build good relationships at all levels internally and externally
- self motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction
- resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and budgets
- experience in managing both technical and non-technical teams and being able to describe technically complexity to the non-technical
- knowledge of software used in BIM methodology
- previous experience with BIM implementation
Candidates with experience working in a large architectural/engineering production environment and experience of delivering large scale projects would be desirable.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary and a generous benefits package. For more information please apply.